As part of our intention to take part actively in European projects and to engage our students and staff in regular mobility programmes with our international partners, our school is currently developing a comprehensive language policy. This includes the following actions:
- Our students in the secondary education section receive 4 hours English class and 3 hours of French class per week.
- We currently have an agreement with Oxford University Press which allows our students to access online support materials related to their classwork. This online work is monitored by the teachers at our institution.
- Our institution is also an official examination centre for Oxford University Press. This means that students can complete Oxford exams which are based on the Common European Framework of Reference.
- Various staff members have taken official examinations and are now qualified with a B2 level in English.
- Other staff members are currently taking the online course ‘My Oxford English’ which will also enable them to reach a B2 level.
- Every year the school’s English department organises a trip abroad to an English speaking country where they attend classes or take part in a school partnership programme. Between 20 and 30 students take part in this trip each year.
- As part of our language policy, the school is currently supporting staff who wish to apply and take part in staff mobility and student exchange programmes of the European Union.
- Currently in our region of Castilla y León there is no foreign language element in the Vocational Education curriculum. However, we offer all the students from the Vocational programme the opportunity to take part in the Oxford online courses.